By: Abid Bazmi
A magnetic personality can be developed by making your outer personality attractive and inner personality charismatic.
Personality is the sum of your outer personality and inner personality. Outer personality includes your outlook, physical fitness level, dressing and body language. Inner personality makes a very complex combination of your ideas, beliefs, thoughts, behavior, attitude, communication skills, inter-personal as well as intra-personal skills, moral values you believe in, rules and principles you follow, your height of knowledge, the way you perceive this world, the way you approach your daily-life problems, angle at which you look your life, your analytical power, sympathy as well as empathy, the way you get yourself affiliated with your fellow beings and your over-all perception about the world around you.
In this way inner personality is broader in scope, heavier in weight and deeper in terms of depth. However both domains are much important in one’s life as personality plays a central role in over-all progress and life achievements. All the great leaders of history first improved their personality then propagated their life-long agenda for the completion of their vision and mission.
So personality development has been a great topic of all men belonging to the genius class of all times. Here is a strategy to develop a magnetic personality. Our strategy has two domains as discussed above viz-a viz outer personality and inner personality.
|Sr #||Outer Personality||Inner Personality|
|2.||Includes body and brain||Includes mind and soul|
|3.||Gives first impression of your personality||Gives last impression of your personality|
First impression is the last impression. All is well that ends well. So both domains are inter-dependent.
How to make your outer personality attractive
Working in following key areas will help you make your outer personality attractive.
- Give importance to your health
Follow an over-all health improvement programme to make your body chiseled and trimmed. Never compromise over your health. Following steps are suggested to make your body attractive.
- Keep your weight in balance.
- Focus on your cardio-vascular, neural and muscular strength.
- Secret of good health lies in balanced diet, regular exercise and proper sleep.
- Do proper dressing
The way you are dressed in, matters a lot in your outer personality. Following tips will be helpful in your selection while dressing up.
- Follow a dress code keeping in line the culture, weather and the company you are going to be a part with.
- Choose light garments so that you may feel easy in the party.
- Color selection is much important in case of dressing. So be careful in this matter.
- Manage your body language
Body language is the part of outer personality however this is the threshold from where reflection of inner personality starts. So be careful while managing your body language. Following steps are suggested.
- Give importance to your face expressions as face is the index of your inner as well as outer personality.
- Keep your eyes open and look straight into the eyes of your audience while speaking.
- Control your gestures and body postures as per requirement.
How to make your inner personality charismatic
Your inner personality can be improved by working in following key areas.
- Improve your communication skills
Communication skill is the fundamental pillar of your personality. It plays the role of your marketing without which we even cannot sell gold. The first thing by which people start to judge your inner personality is the way you talk in. So, all the great men in history were good communicators. Following steps are suggested to improve your communication skills.
- Improve in both domains inter-personal as well as intra-personal communication skills.
- Follow the principle of “say what you do, do what you say.”
- Always support your rules and principles rather than standing with people and friends.
- Show positive attitude towards everyone and talk with the clarity of mind.
- Learn how to adopt formal, diplomatic and professional style of communication when and where needed.
- Improve your psychological skills
Great leaders are great psychologists. Improving psychological skills will help you understand and analyze the people around you. Once you have judged their intentions and desires, you can easily win their hearts. Following tips will help you to improve your psychological skills.
- Improve face reading skills.
- Be silent listener and silent observer until you need to break the ice.
- Be empathetic while analyzing others point of view.
- Improve the working capacity of your faculties of sensation, reasoning and intuition.
- Enjoy doing comparison of different personalities with free, open and positive mind. It will help you become a great psychologist.
- Create your own philosophy of life
Great leaders are those who change the path of history. They create their own philosophy of life. However their philosophy of life is the beautiful blend of past and present keeping in line the future projections. Over-all purpose is to impress the people. Once you have learnt how to influence the mind of people around you, you can mold and reshape their minds. This is the trick which will enable you to change the path of history. Following points are suggested while creating your own philosophy of life.
- Do a lot of research to draw the line between right and wrong.
- Choose the system of ideas and beliefs which will lead you to the right path.
- Create your own philosophy of life within the light of that chosen set of ideas and beliefs.
- Be affirmed with your own philosophy of life, but give space to new ideas as there is always room for improvement.
- Be universal in approach. For this you need to swim in the pool of universal knowledge rather than wasting your energies in communal and regional biasness.
The strongest magnet of this universe lies inside you. You just need to believe it, realize it and get it polished. Once you have developed it, it will compel the world roaming around you. So be with you, be happy, enjoy yourself being chased by the world rather than being a chaser of world.
|Abid Bazmi is a blogger, motivational speaker, educationist, trainer and globally known human affairs analyst. Click here to visit his blog|